Thursday, December 24, 2009




Since the last time I posted, I have completely removed the interior of the motorhome. All of the rotted areas in the walls and ceiling have been removed. As you can see from the photos, it looks horrible. I have to admit, there is more damage than what I had hoped to find. Regardless, my plan is still the same. I am going to reface the walls and ceiling using a 1/8” decorative faced plywood paneling. The paneling will be laminated to the existing structure by using a construction adhesive I can trowel on to the back of the plywood. Clamping the pieces in place will be done with adjustable cargo bars from Harbor Freight and 2 x 4’s. I’ll be sure to take more pictures when I get to that stage.


It’s winter here in Michigan, so for now the interior is going on hold until spring. I have other projects I can work on inside out of the cold such as repainting the rear view mirror brackets and starting the cabinets to replace what I took out. So, keep checking back for updates.
  

1 comment:

  1. Have you finished it yet? I am getting ready to start restoring one I that I just bought, cheap. Quite a bit of water damage. Mine is identical to yours, same floorplan, make, model, year, etc.

    ReplyDelete